One woman's search for the lovely things in life.

Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Women Helping Women

There is nothing that makes me happier than to see women giving each other a boost.  One organization that epitomizes this idea is a group known as the Levo League.  Founded by Caroline Ghosn and Amanda Pouchot, Levo League is an organization that helps professional women meet other professional women, find jobs, network and find mentors, just for starters.  There are local chapters all over the US and even some in Europe!  There are no membership fees, although some local events may be ticketed, albeit very rarely.

My experience with Levo has been transformative for me.  I spent a few months as an online member, watching "Office Hours" (video interviews with industry leaders from multiple disciplines) and reading the articles.  Then my life took a turn and I realized that if I wanted to move forward I was going to have to take control of my life and my career.  I joined the closest Levo chapter and started going to their events.  It has been the most transformative experience.  So far I have attended a workshop on setting goals (and following through with them) for the new year and another workshop on cultivating happiness.

The workshops were amazing and interesting, however the most enjoyable aspect was meeting the inspiring young women who are members of the chapter.  Connections were made and friendships begun.  We shared our stories, marveled over how much we have in common and laughs were had.  I left those workshops feeling lifted up and ready to take on the world.

Do you belong to any organizations that revolve around women helping women?  Tell us about them!





Just a side note here, while I am a member of Levo they did not compensate me or solicit this post in any way.  I am passionate about what they do and want to share the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC