One woman's search for the lovely things in life.

Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Years Resolutions!

  So, I'm not a huge resolution maker.  Not until the last year or so that is.  Since I've been feeling more like myself I've begun a journey of self improvement, inside and out.  I accomplished last year's major goal and now we are on to this year's.  A little late, I know, but I like to think about these things for a while.  It makes keeping them a whole lot easier.

1) Put myself out there more.  I want to learn to put aside my fears and go for it.  There have been so many times in my life where I have kicked myself for things like not taking that job, or not keeping in touch with that friend from college.

2) Shop smarter.  Buy only pieces that a)work with pieces I already have, b) are wardrobe staples (I don't have many good basic staples) and c) are classic enough to work past the trends.

3) Get serious about skincare.  Wish someone had drilled me on good skincare earlier in my life, but better late than never, right?  Thankfully I have been fairly blessed in that area, however; at age thirty, there is definitely room for improvement.

4) Eat healthier.  For me that means continuing the "re-feeding" program I am on after years of being unable to tolerate many foods.  Sometimes I get scared of how my body will react to the new foods, but I am determined to get healthy again.

5) Enjoy life's little things.  This ties in with number one.  The last year has taught me a lot about appreciating life's simple pleasures.  This year I want to be more aware and enjoying them on purpose.

6) Get it together!  Something I am going to have to do this year, whether I like it or not.  With the hubby starting a new job, studying for his MBA and my own job search I am going to have to be more organized and efficient by default.

Well, there they are, out there for all to see!  Here's to making 2013 one really great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC