One woman's search for the lovely things in life.

Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Thanksgiving Already??

  As is typical for me the Thanksgiving holiday has crept up on us once again.  It is officially sweater and boot weather, much to my delight.  Thanks to Hurricane Sandy our respective families haven't decided what they are doing yet this year.  Only two weeks to go and no plans yet!!  My obsessive compulsive side is in a tizzy!  Usually, not having children, we are required to travel for the holidays.  Occasionally, last year in fact, we are lucky enough to host the holidays at our own home.  I really, really enjoy hosting.  I love planning the menu, searching for new recipes and decorating.....that being said, I usually end up finding out that I am hosting at the last possible moment and have to throw something together in three days or less.  I have a strong suspicion that Thanksgiving will be here again this year.  So, I am planning as if it will be.

  I am currently wildly searching Pinterest to find recipes and diy decorating ideas. Specifically diy because, courtesy of the current economy, it is all we can afford right now! I have to say, I love Pinterest.  I could, and sometimes do, spend hours on there looking for inspiration.  My most recent "Ah Ha" moment was when I came across an idea for a fall garland.  It involves stringing fallen leaves together.  Sounds simple enough. And we have enough leaves in our yard to populate several others.  We can't rake them up as fast enough.  Such is life on a street lined with sycamore trees. So, when I finally get around to trying it I will post pictures and a tutorial here, successful or not!  In the meantime I have been lighting the pumpkin pie scented candles, stocking up on my baking supplies and enjoying walking Ike (my Labrador) in the crisp fall air.  It's safe to say that autumn is one of my favorite seasons.

  What are your plans for the holiday?  Do you have any traditions and dishes that it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without?  In the next few days I will continue to share some of our favorites and some new ideas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC