One woman's search for the lovely things in life.

Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Farmer's Market Finds

  There is a local farmer's market here that happens every Tuesday.  In the middle of winter it can be a bit bare, most of the produce stalls are closed but the meat and antique vendors are still going strong inside the heated buildings.  The food vendors are also open making the air smell like roasted nuts, freshly baked bread, popcorn and gyros.  I stopped by to grab some local chicken for the week and to have a good browse through the stalls to see what caught my eye.

First things first; it was cold and I felt the need for a nice warm snack, which came in the shape of hot soft pretzel.


This baby hit the spot AND kept my hands warm!

I found a charming little pewter bowl that will make an excellent ring bowl for my vanity.


Hindsight being what it is, I probably should have photographed the bowl with something to demonstrate scale; it looks rather large here.  

My favorite part of the day was the flowers.  I came home with a pretty bunch of tulips to bring some color and life into the house.


I love having flowers around, but we don't get many around here in winter and most bunches cost an arm and a leg.  Finding tulips at a reasonable price means that spring isn't too far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC